Tuesday, February 27, 2018

COLOR ME MURDER by Krista Davis
Pen & Ink Mystery #1

5 Star Review

I love that I have a fantastic new cozy series and new characters to love! The protagonist, Florrie Fox, manages the Color Me Read bookstore, sketches in her free time, and has her own adult coloring book line! How awesome is that! She moves into a gorgeous carriage house owned by her nice, wealthy employer, Professor John Maxwell, and becomes friends with his butler, Mr. DuBois, who has a flair for the dramatic! I chuckled at a lot of his scenes.

The story provides a compelling mystery which is all solved neatly at the end. I enjoyed all the secrets that come to light during the book. There’s humor, and a cute cat and dog to love. The book is a page-turner, and thrilling to lose yourself in, and I highly recommend this Debut to Cozy Mystery fans! The author includes delicious sounding recipes at the end.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Publishing.

Release Date:  2-27-18

6 comments: