Monday, July 9, 2018

If you’re a dog lover like me, a new Melanie Travis Canine Mystery is always a treat to read! 😊 πŸ“š


5 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)




Ruff Justice”, Book 22 in the popular Melanie Travis Canine Mysteries, is a witty masterpiece for fans of pets and dog show competitions. For the Travis family, raising and showing standard poodles is a daily part of their household life. As son, Davey, struggles to lead his dog, Augie, to a championship win, Melanie and Aunt Peg begin to follow a trail of dog treats to expose an unscrupulous theft ring using its ties to the dog show competitors to set up robberies. Ms. Berenson knows the ins and outs of the dog show business and her characters are likable and family oriented. I enjoy the combination of numerous dogs; the hecticness of Melanie and husband Sam’s life with young sons and Aunt Peg; and the excitement at the dog competitions. I doubt I could keep up with a dog in all the backstage flurry at one of the shows! The mystery is well-hidden in the plot structure, but there are clues to stir your curiosity as to who the culprit may be. I’ve never read a book in this series that I didn’t enjoy!

I reviewed an ARC provided by the author. Thank you.


Image source: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment