Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Each of The Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries are fantastic cozies.  If you haven’t read these stories by Sherry Harris, I highly recommend them! 😊 📚


5 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)
Release Date: 1.29.19




“The Gun Also Rises” features a clever mystery, engaging characters, and a top-notch creative plot. Sarah Winston is asked to inventory a massive mystery book collection for a wealthy widow to benefit a fundraiser for the local library. Sarah finds much more than a bargain in the attic when she unpacks several priceless manuscripts written by Ernest Hemingway. As the story begins to unfold, past misdeeds join ongoing deceptions, and a sudden death occurs.

Author Sherry Harris never disappoints with her strong, witty writing voice and her ability to use the surprise effect just when you think you have it all figured out! The history of the missing manuscripts and a copy of “The Sun Also Rises” by Hemingway is very interesting and woven seamlessly into the plot.

The regular cast of characters in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale series are some of my all-time favorites plus some new, quirky characters are introduced in book six. Protagonist, Sarah Winston, is independent, fiesty, and practically fearless in her search for treasures. I loved this story, you’ll love this story, and I highly recommend this entire cozy series!

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Publishing. Thank you.

Image source: Goodreads 

1 comment:

  1. I just received my copy from Amazon. It's my next read. I love this series!

    ReplyDelete