Monday, September 23, 2019

Great start to a new cozy mystery series!  Happy Reading! 😊 📚


4 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)





I’m a fan of stationery, pens, ink stamps, cards, and journals, so I knew this book would appeal to me. The gorgeous cover had me at Hello! I liked the concept for the setup of this debut cozy series and enjoyed the rural autumn descriptions in the foothills of Washington State.

Protagonist Delta Douglas uses a monetary gift from her Gran to purchase co-ownership in a stationery shop run by her friend, Hazel. Delta and Hazel present a craft workshop at a local hotel owned by the Taylor family on the same night a gold miners party is being held. When a murder occurs, it becomes apparent that the Taylor family is in turmoil and that nearly all members have problems which may, or may not be, connected to the victim. Several times during the story, I found my attention wandering after some far-fetched actions by one of the characters (the sheriff, for example, and how he handled suspects). By the time the author glues all the clues together at the end, the killer reveal didn’t surprise me, and left me feeling a bit let down. My review is 3.5 Stars rounded up to 4 stars.

I reviewed an unedited digital ARC provided by NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for an honest review. Thank you.

Image source : Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment