Monday, April 16, 2018

Since Janet Finsilver’s debut of A Kelly Jackson Mystery series, I’ve enjoyed each book in the series.    I always learn something new and interesting through this author’s writing.  Happy Cozy Reading! 😊 📚

MURDER AT THE MUSHROOM FESTIVAL by Janet Finsilver
A Kelly Jackson Mystery #4
Kensington Publishing
Release Date:  4.17.18

4 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)





I always enjoy visiting the regular characters in the Kelly Jackson mystery series. They have established a family-like closeness which contributes to the charm in each new book. Book 4 is a light mystery dealing with illegal redwood logging. A reporter’s life is cut short when he’s researching and planning to do an expose on mushroom patches. Is he killed because mushroom hunters want the locations of their private patches kept secret, or because he stumbles upon more high stakes secrets in his investigation? Kelly, Daniel, and the Silver Sentinels are on the hunt for clues! 

The book was a little slow-paced for me, and I admit I’m not a fan of mushrooms. I also thought it was obvious who the culprits were fairly early on in the book due to their actions. Nonetheless, MURDER AT THE MUSHROOM FESTIVAL is a pleasant addition to the series and fans should enjoy it.

I reviewed a digital arc from NetGalley and Kensington.

Image source: Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment