Monday, April 9, 2018

When the Kensington Palace Chef Mystery series debuted last year, I was unsure if I would like a cozy set in England.  I didn’t like it—I loved it! 😊  Nancy J. Parra aka Nancy Coco aka Nell Hampton is a great author, and I was immediately immersed in Chef Carrie’s life inside the Palace walls.  Happy Reading ❣️ 📚


KALE TO THE QUEEN by Nell Hampton
A Kensington Palace Chef Mystery #1

4 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)


Chef Carrie Ann Cole travels to London to work for the duke and duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace. She hasn't even recovered from jet lag when one of her two assistants, Frank, is found murdered in the greenhouse just outside the kitchen door! The other assistant, Michael, is accused of the crime.

Carrie is a strong protagonist who thinks quickly on her feet and I liked her immediately. I also was in favor of the attraction she almost instantly felt for Ian Gordon, the head of palace security--he struck me as a great guy. The supporting cast of characters are mainly British; thus, stern and proper in their work for the royals. The plot moves forward at a steady pace. I somehow had a strong feeling about who the real killer might be and found out I was correct at the end.

I think this debut series is a bit of a different cozy idea--an American employed overseas as the personal family chef for part of the royal family. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading book two. Culinary fans will find some delicious recipes at the end, also.


No comments:

Post a Comment