Monday, November 5, 2018

Looking for a quick read?  Try new cozy author, Jody Holford’s DEADLY NEWS!


4 Star Review by Chatting About (Linda Langford)



First of all, I love the adorable cover showing cute puppy, Tigger. This new series has potential with a likeable protagonist, Molly Owens, and an interesting supporting cast of characters. I found the starting pace peppy, then it slowed in the middle, and picked back up in the latter part of the story. The plot is centered around reporter, Molly, and the newsroom and employees she’s just started working with in the charming seaside town of Britton Bay, Oregon. When one of the staff starts researching a news story and is murdered, can newcomer Molly help police solve the mystery?

Being a very traditional cozy mystery reader, I was both surprised and shocked that Molly quickly established a romantic relationship with mechanic, Sam Alderich. I’m happier when the mystery stays centerstage and any romance develops slowly, along with trust. I also found the killer reveal quite abrupt, and the reasoning a scenario I’ve read many times before. I give this story 3-1/2 Stars which I graded up to a 4 Star Review because I did like Molly and many of the other characters, and I hope to see more originality in future books.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Lyrical Underground. Thank you.

Image Source: Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment