Monday, May 7, 2018

I loved FLOWERS AND FOUL PLAY by Amanda Flower, the debut of her new Forgotten Garden Mysteries.  If you enjoy stories by Heather Blake and Bailey Cattrelll’s ‘Enchanted Garden’ Series, I believe you’ll enjoy this para-cozy series.


FLOWERS AND FOUL PLAY by Amanda Flower
A Forgotten Garden Mystery #1
Release Date:  May 8, 2018
Crooked Lane Books


5 Star Review by Chatting About Cozies (Linda Langford)



I’d been wishing for a cozy that would take me away to a whimsical, magical place for a few hours relaxation.  “Flowers and Foul Play” is that creation.  The story is a combination murder mystery and the mystery of how the mystical garden comes to life in protagonist Fiona Knox’s presence.  Fiona’s godfather, Ian, has passed along his Scottish ancestors magic found in the garden behind the hobbit-like door.  I found myself completely charmed by the animal characters who often appear in scenes.  I loved the inclusion of pirate treasure nesting in the nearby sea—that part of history is always thrilling to me.  I can hardly wait to learn more about the characters introduced in this debut story; notably Presha and Raj.  I also sense we’ll learn much more about the secret gifts Fiona has inherited.  I thoroughly enjoyed the paranormal plot twists!

I reviewed an advanced Readers digital copy from NetGalley and Crooked Lane.


Image Source:  Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment